Choose a topic of interest to you that is a significant clinical nursing issue. Please note that the databases you identify could be useful sources of information for your Capstone project in NR451, so choose your topic thoughtfully.
Research Database Assignment – Week 3
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
You are to locate and document research databases that relate to a significant clinical nursing issue of your choice. The research databases may be labeled as such, or may be collections of research studies, reports, articles and/or findings that are not specifically called databases. Please note: Individual journals and journal articles do not meet the criteria for a research database, and therefore, do not qualify for this assignment.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO #7)
DUE DATE: You are to identify a total of five research databases (or collections of research-based evidence) that are relevant to a significant clinical nursing issue that is important to you. Submit the descriptions using the form provided in Doc Sharing to the Week 3 Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. Sunday (MT).
The assignment is worth a total of 175 points. Please see the grading rubric for details.
1. Choose a topic of interest to you that is a significant clinical nursing issue. Please note that the databases you identify could be useful sources of information for your Capstone project in NR451, so choose your topic thoughtfully.
2. Download the NR439_Research_Database_Form from Doc Sharing and type information about each database directly onto the form. Your paper does NOT need to follow APA formatting; however, you are expected to use correct grammar, spelling, syntax, and write in complete sentences.
3. Save the file by clicking Save as and adding your last name, e.g., NR439_Research Database_Smith.docx.
4. Describe your topic of interest. This is worth 15 points.
5. Locate a total of five research databases or collections related to your topic. Each research database description is worth 30 points. You may search for these in various locations, e.g., the Internet, an intranet at work, print publications, etc. You may NOT choose the databases that are already familiar to you – MEDLINE, PUBMED (which also indexes MEDLINE), GOOGLE SCHOLAR, and CINAHL. Instead, you are expected to expand your knowledge of evidence-based sources. Places to help you begin include your textbook, which lists databases and websites that report research. The Chamberlain online library (http://library.chamberlain.edu) gives you access to several databases and provide tutorials for searching. Government sites such as those at the National Institutes of Health offer collections of research on a variety of subjects. The key to choosing the databases is that each contains research-based evidence that also pertains to your topic of interest.
6. Review each database or collection to gather information to create a description for the assignment. Each description must:
a. identify the title of the research database;
b. describe the location of the research database in a way that a reader could find it. This could be a URL or an APA citation;
c. name owner or publisher of the source;
d. describe the research database. This must be in your own words and not copied and pasted from the original source. Include the purpose of the database and the subject matter it covers. This may be four or five sentences; and
e. explain how the research found in the database relates to your topic of interest. This may be an additional paragraph, perhaps two or three sentences.
7. Submit to the Research Database basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 3. Please post question about this paper in the Q & A Forum.
The following is an example of a description for JBI:
Title of Database: Joanna Briggs Institute for Evidence-Based Nursing and Midwifery
Location of Database (URL): www.joannabriggs.edu.au
Owner or publisher of Database: Joanna Briggs Institute for Evidence-Based Nursing and Midwifery (JBI)
Describe (in your own words) the research database or collection of research including the purpose and the subject matter it covers:
The Joanna Briggs Institute is an international not-for-profit Research and Development Organization that provides evidence-based resources for healthcare professionals in nursing, midwifery, medicine, and allied health. Those with membership are able to obtain evidence-based practice information from systemic reviews, evaluation reports, electronic journals, best-practice information, and consumer healthcare information.
Explain how the source relates to your topic of interest:
JBI is relevant to my topic of interest because it provides reports, systemic reviews, journal
articles, and best-practice information on current issues in healthcare. Hospital
readmissions are a major issue in healthcare. The database had several resources
addressing the problem of hospital readmissions and identifying strategies for
Category Points % Description
Topic Description 15 points 9% Identify a topic of interest that pertains to a significant clinical nursing issue. Provide a brief description of the topic and why it was chosen.
Research Database 150 points
Title, location, and owner/ publisher (15/database) • Identify, by title, a research database, or collection of research that is relevant to nursing.
• Describe the location of the research database or collection of research, i.e., a URL or APA citation.
• Name the owner and/or publisher of the database.
Description, purpose, and relevance to topic (15/database) • Describe in your own words the research database or collection of research. Include the purpose of the database and the subject matter it covers.
• Explain how the database relates to your topic of interest.
Writing 10 points 5% Properly name the file for submission. Include your name on the form. Write in complete sentences with no grammar, spelling, or syntax errors.
Total 175 points 100%
. WITH NURSING TERM PAPER TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Choose a topic of interest to you that is a significant clinical nursing issue. Please note that the databases you identify could be useful sources of information for your Capstone project in NR451, so choose your topic thoughtfully. appeared first on nursing term paper.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Choose a topic of interest to you that is a significant clinical nursing issue. Please note that the databases you identify could be useful sources of information for your Capstone project in NR451, so choose your topic thoughtfully. appeared first on Top Premier Essays.