- Are medications safely stored and adequately labeled?______
- Are throw rugs, area rugs, and flooring materials secured?______
- Is there adequate lighting in each room?______
- Are there telephone cords or electrical cords in walkways?______
- Do the entry doors locks with deadbolts?______
- Are combustibles, such as newspapers, stored ______
- Is there adequate space around space heaters?______
- Are there exposed heating pipes?______
- Is the room/house heated cooled adequately and safely?______
- Is water heater set at 120F or lower?
- Is there a portable fire extinguisher available in the kitchen?______
- Do occupants who are smokers demonstrate safe handling
- Does the gas at the stove, furnace , and space heater work properly?______
- Are walkways clear, sturdy and wide enough to walk safely (using assistive devices
- If burglar bars are present on doors and/or windows, will they bend for
- Is there a phone within easy reach?______
- Is there a working smoke detector near the kitchen and near each sleeping area?______
- Dos the bathtub have a non-skid surface?______
- If oxygen is in use in the hours, are all occupants aware of oxygen and cord safety?______
- Are all occupants able to safely exit the home in five minutes or less?______
- Are guns or weapons safely stored?______
- Are there secure handrails on stairs?______
- If a ramp is needed, is one present and safely constructed?______
at least three feet from stove, fireplace or heater?
of cigarettes, lighters and matches?______
Emergency exit or is the key close by?______
- Is there indoor running water?______
- Is food stored properly?______
- Are there indoor toilet facilities?______
- Do the stove and/or microwave operate properly?______
- Is trash picked up on a regular scheduled basis?______
- Is the water in the kitchen, bathroom and utility are working properly
- Are there signs of rodent or pest infestation?______
- Is there adequate refrigeration?______
Modifications recommended after your assessment_____________________________________________________________
What surprised you when doing your home safety assessment?
Why are home safety assessments important for a public health nurse to know and do?
kind of teaching/topics can you see would be important for a public
health nurse to do as a result of a home safety assessment?
| ASSESSMENT Complete a home safety/home environmental assessment using the tool provided (20) Assess and describe the family’s level of Emergency Preparedness (5) Assessment – Provide a brief summary about the family including the following information: Type of family Describe the family functions Describe the family structure Is the family healthy or dysfunctional? (10) Health Risk Appraisal |
– Conduct a family health risk appraisal assessing for the presence of
specific factors in each of the categories that have been identified as
being associated with an increased likelihood of an illness
(Biological/age-related health risk, Environmental risk, Behavioral
risk(5) Identify at least 5 resources/strengths the family possesses. (5) Identify and list at least top 5 family needs. Prioritize the identified needs. (10) INTERVENTION Design a detailed culturally appropriate intervention plan
for 1 or more of the needs identified and list specific
public/community health nursing roles you would employ in addressing the
family need (from intervention wheel – home visits, screening, case
management, etc.). Include the level of prevention you used (primary,
secondary or tertiary). (10) Review literature
and select one article from the literature in support of the identified
intervention.Use the article to support your design and attach the
article.(5) Implement the intervention with the family, providing appropriate resources as indicated. (5) Evaluation- Develop
an evaluation plan for the intervention and include recommendations for
the future. Follow-up with the family to conduct an initial evaluation
of the intervention. (5)
|Organization Structure Includes purpose in introduction.Paper is logically arranged with introduction, body, and summary.Subsections and paragraphs reflect the main idea. Transitions occur between thoughts.||10|
|Literacy and Style Uses professional vocabulary.Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. Maintains economy of expression.||5|
|APA Title page is correct.Page numbering is accurate.Page header is appropriate.Citation of references in text is correct.Direct quotesParaphrasingReference list follows APA format.Citations in text are included on reference listReference list citations are included in text||5|
that is the rubric please follow it
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post community nursing appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.