Select ONE of these topics for the focus of your paper:
· Standard terminologies (CO3, CO8)
· Decision-making support tools (CO4, CO8)
· Patient education technology (CO5, CO8)
· Data integrity, legal and ethical implications (CO7, CO8)
1. You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper about the topic that you have selected.
2. Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic. Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general, and nursing care in particular. Keep in mind that APA guidelines state you are not to use the heading of “Introduction,” but you should include it at the beginning of your paper.
3. Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources. The course textbook does not qualify as a scholarly source. Cite all sources in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
4. Provide one example of this topic. Describe the main features or aspects of the example with support from your sources.
5. Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving health care, or when you were providing nursing care. Relate one positive aspect or one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved.
6. Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic, purpose and how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
7. Use Microsoft Word to develop your paper. Use APA formatting. Refer to the Publication manual of the APA, 6th edition. Review the various APA documents included in this course and the Chamberlain Care Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) that can help you with your writing. Take advantage of the tutoring service, Smarthinking, which is linked from Tutor Source under the Course Home tab.
8. The length of the paper should be a maximum of 4–5 pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. There should only be one small quote maximum in the paper. Citations should primarily include summary and restatement.
NOTE: Review the section on Academic Honesty found in the Chamberlain Course Policies. All work must be original (in your own words) unless properly cited.