Answer only one of the following questions in essay format. Write at least five (5) pages.
I. Describe the rise of mankind from the earliest hominid to the city of Jericho. At a minimum include Proconsul, genus Australopithecus, genus Homo, the Leakys and the Orduvai Gorge, “Lucy,” Donald Johanson, Neanderthal Man, Cro-Magnon Man, Catal Huyuk and Jericho.
2. Describe the rise of civilization in Mesopotamia from the development of Sumer through the reign of Nebuchadnezzar. At a minimum include Sumer, Sumerian religion and slavery, Gilgamesh, Sargon the Great, Hammurabi, Kassites and Hittites, Assyrians, the New Babylonians and Nebuchadnezzar.
3. Describe the rise of Ancient Egypt from King Narmer through the reign of Ramses the Great. Al a minimum include King Narmcr, provide details on each of the six historical periods, describe the pyramids and Sphinx, Egyptian religion, Ahkenaton, Tutankhamen, and Ramses the Great.
4. Describe the rise of Israel from Abraham to the Diaspora. At a minimum include Abraham, Moses, the Ark of the Covenant, Israelite religious development Yahweh, Joshua, Saul and David, Solomon, the Babylonian Captivity, the Maccabean Revolt, the Zealots, Masada and the Diaspora.
5. Describe the Minoan-Mycenean Synthesis from its beginnings in Greek mythology to the Dorian invasion. Ate minimum include the Schliemanns, Arthur Evans, the Old Palace Period of Minoan history, Knossos, the legend of the Minotaur, Minoan religion and society, an and sports, Them, Mycenea, the Trojan War, and the Dorian.
6. Describe the rim of Greece from the fall of the Minoan-Mycenean Synthesis to the Peloponnesian War. At • minimum include the Dorian, the Dark Age, the rise of the city-states, Greek colonization of the Mediterranean, Sparta, Athens, Greek religion, Athenian governmental development, the Persian War, the Peloponnesian War, Greek philosophy, art, literature, and architecture.
7. Describe the rise of women from the first female Astralopithecus through Homo erectus, to the women of Classic Greece. At a minimum include the development of religious beliefs in a mother-goddess, women’s roles in Jericho and Caul Huyuk, the rise all of women’s social equality in Mesopotamia and Egypt, women of Ancient Israel, eminine aspects of the Minoan-Mycenean Synthesis, and finally the status of women Classic Greece.