PREPARE A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF A QUALITATIVE STUDY FOCUSING ON THE PROBLEM STATEMENT,
study purpose, research question, literature review, and theoretical framework.
The completed analysis should be 750-850 words.
Refer to “Research Critique, Part 1.” Questions under each heading should be addressed as a narrative, in the structure of a formal paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not
Research Critique, Part 1
To write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of the research study conducted, respond to each of the questions listed under the
Do not answer the questions with a yes or no; rather, provide a rationale or include examples or content from the study to address the questions.
CRITICAL APPRAISAL GUIDELINES: QUALITATIVE STUDY
• Identify the clinical problem and research problem that led to the study. What was not known about the clinical problem that, if understood,
could be used to improve health care delivery or patient outcomes? This gap in knowledge is the research problem.
• How did the author establish the significance of the study? In other words, why should the reader care about this study? Look for statements
about human suffering, costs of treatment, or the number of people affected by the clinical problem.
Purpose and Research Questions
• Identify the purpose of the study. An author may clearly state the purpose of the study or may describe the purpose as the study goals,
objectives, or aims.
• List research questions that the study was designed to answer. If the author does not explicitly provide the questions, attempt to infer the
questions from the answers.
• Were the purpose and research questions related to the problem?
• Were qualitative methods appropriate to answer the research questions?
• Did the author cite quantitative and qualitative studies relevant to the focus of the study? What other types of literature did the author
The post Did the author cite quantitative and qualitative studies relevant to the focus of the study? What other types of literature did the author include? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.