Deliverable Length: 400 – 600 words
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Now that you have completed your stakeholder analysis and developed the stakeholder register, project charter, SOW (scope document), and your WBS, it is time to start building your project schedule baseline. According to A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition, a schedule baseline is “the approved version of a schedule model that can be changed only through formal change control procedures and is used as a basis for comparison to actual results” (2013). The output of this effort is your project schedule which, according to the PMBOK® Guide, is “an output of a schedule model that presents linked activities with planned – dates, durations, milestones, and resources” (2013). The project schedule should include start and finish dates for all activities. Remember, if an activity is not in the schedule, it will not be done. Establishing the schedule will allow you to estimate activity cost, and thus help you develop a budget. Therefore, a schedule helps you establish a time and a cost baseline for your project.
- Discuss how you would go about assigning or completing the schedule elements, such as dates, durations, milestones, predecessors, and resources.
- How would you go about completing resource assignments, both human and material? How would you determine to buy (acquire) or make your resources?
- Discuss the importance of building slack in your project schedule.
- Once your schedule is fully developed, what information would any of your stakeholders learn from it?
- Looking back at the agile versus waterfall methodologies, how does this traditional schedule development differ from agile schedule development?
Assignment Objectives: Formulate a project structure appropriate to program scope and overall organizational structure.
The post Project schedule baseline appeared first on Assignment Hub.
Project schedule baseline was first posted on March 9, 2021 at 4:01 pm.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Project schedule baseline first appeared on nursing writers.