Choose one of the software development models or methodologies using a credible source on the Internet, find an article which describes the model. ( You see the OER to better understand)
Explain in your own words the essential characteristics of the model, when you would employ the model, how it is different from other models and what assurance challenges you would face if you were to use the model for software development,
Software Assurance & Secure Software
- DHS. (2012). Software Assurance: Enabling Security and Resilience throughout the Software Lifecycle. Retrieved from: DHS: Software Assurance.
- NIST. (2013).Main page. SAMATE Project. Retrieved from: https://samate.nist.gov/Main_Page.html.
- SafeCode. (2008). Software Assurance: An Overview of Current Industry Best Practices. Retrieved from: SafeCode.
- (ISC)2. (n.d.). Mano, P., et al., Software Assurance: A Kaleidoscope of Perspectives. Retrieved from: ISC2: Software Assurance.
Software Development Methodologies
- Mohammed, N., Munassar, A., and Govardhan, A. (2010). A Comparison Between Five Models Of Software Engineering. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 7, Issue 5, September 2010. Retrieved from: Software Development Models.
- Software Engineering Institute, CMU. (2013). Parallel Worlds: Agile and Waterfall Differences and Similarities. Retrieved from: Agile and Waterfall.
- (ISC)2. Software Assurance: A Kaleidoscope of Perspectives. Retrieved from: ISC2: Software Assurance.