Research Project on Alcohol and Special Populations (25%)
Research and describe the effect of alcohol on your selected special population.
- Identify unique problems or considerations that apply to your group.
- Compare and contrast your group to the overall U.S. population
- Describe best treatment practices for specific issues relevant to the selected population.
- Start with the learning resources in the classroom.
- Locate 7-10 journal articles or book chapters related to your special population.
- Use only scholarly, objective sources for your project. Peer-reviewed articles found in the UMUC Library databases are generally good sources. Web-based information such as Wikipedia and About.com and popular news outlets such as Time or Newsweek are NOT acceptable sources for this project.
- If you are unclear as to whether a source is acceptable, contact the instructor or visit the UMUC Library’s page on locating and evaluating scholarly articles: http://www.umuc.edu/library/database/articles.shtml#evaluatingcitations
LOGIN FOR UMUC LIBRARY:
- APA format and citation style (http://sites.umuc.edu/library/libhow/apa_examples.cfm)
- 2000 words minimum (non-substantive papers are graded by percentage submitted)
- Separate title page and reference list – not considered in paper word count
- 12 point font
- Numbered pages
- 1″ margins