Answer the following questions covering material from Ch. 14 of Methods in Behavioral Research:
- What is replication, and what role does it play in increasing the external validity or generalizability of a study? In what way is the IRB involved in using participants in a research study?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using college students as participants in research studies?
- What potential problems can arise from generalization of results to different cultures or ethnic groups?
- What is meta-analysis, and how is it useful to practitioners and scholars?
- True or false: In many cases, meta analyses involves calculating an average effect size for a relationship between variables.
- True or false: Many constructs, such as physical attractiveness and self-esteem, appear constant across cultures; thus, external validity is less of a concern when conducting research on such constructs. Provide a brief explanation of your answer.
- Summarize the main points of the course, emphasizing the importance of research to the psychology profession.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
The post week eight homework exercise appeared first on Student Homeworks.