Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read all the required readings and the Instructor Guidance, as well as view all required multimedia. It is suggested that you also review the recommended resources for this week as a number of them may assist you in creating this written assignment with links to applicable articles.
Too often, when we learn about memory development, we forget that this has a direct relationship to effectively learning. Knowledge is essentially a memory and how well we process information affects our performance at many levels. For this paper, you will be explaining some of the cognitive-based ideologies that explain how memory development works, how it is affected by outside variables, and strategies for improving one’s own information processing effectively. You will demonstrate an understanding of psychological research methods and skeptical inquiry by correctly utilizing support resources within your writing.
Discuss the following in your paper:
- What is memory development and how does it relate to acquiring new knowledge?
- Why is it important to successfully move information from working (short-term) memory to long-term memory (effective information processing)?
- What strategies can be utilized to move knowledge from working memory to long-term memory more effectively? (List a minimum of three strategies.)
- How much does attention and perception play a role in successful development of schema?
- How do the types of memories (knowledge) affect how we effectively process information?
- Consider the following:
- Semantic memories
- Episodic memories
- Autobiographical memories
- Consider the following:
- How does false memory development affect how we learn effectively? Is anyone immune?
The Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post What is memory development and how does it relate to acquiring new knowledge? appeared first on Top Premier Essays.