Begin your discussion by sharing your problem statement and research question. Next, discuss your sampling plan. In addition, discuss your research design. Consider the following as you craft your response.
- How will the sample be selected?
- What type of sampling method is used? Is it appropriate to the design?
- Does the sample reflect the population as identified in the problem or purpose statement?
- Is the sample size appropriate? Why or why not?
- To what population may the findings be generalized? What are the limitations in generalizability?
- What type of design will be used?
- Does the design seem to flow from the proposed research problem, theoretical framework, literature review, and hypothesis?
Below you will find my problem statement and research question. APA and sources can be no older than 2013.
With the climate today in healthcare, hospitals must seek other ways to cut costs. Staffing tends to be the first area of cuts to budgets. However; it has been found that patient safety errors tend to increase when staff is decreased (Frederickson, 2013). Some states have taken it upon themselves to set up maximum patient to staff ratios. These states have seen lower incidents and higher staff satisfaction (Tellez & Ann Seago, 2013).
PROBLEM: Increasing patient to staff ratios also increases safety risks to patients.
RESEARCH PURPOSE: To determine if there is correlation between increased patient to staff ratios and increase in medication errors, treatment errors, falls, cardiac arrests, and deaths.
PIOCT Questions: (P) Do nurses who have higher patient loads (I) make more errors and (O) potentially have worse patient outcomes (C) than nurses who have smaller patient loads (T) over the course of 6 months to 1 year.
Frederickson, W. (2013). Nurses Are Exposing the Reality: Patients Are At Risk. Minnesota Nursing Accent, 5-7.
Tellez, M., & Ann Seago, J. (2013). California Nurse Staffing Law and RN Workforce Changes. Nursing Economic$, 18-26.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.